Booz Allen Hamilton Announces Formation of the Booz Allen Foundation
- Booz Allen’s initial
$5 millionpledge in corporate funding supports the Booz Allen Foundation’s shared purpose with the firm to “Empower People to Change the World”
- Foundation builds on Booz Allen’s 104-year history of supporting local communities
- First grant to
American Red Crossfor disaster relief, with further program strategy development expected later in 2018
The strategic intent of the foundation, a public charity, is to convene stakeholders to use innovation and technology advancements to help solve challenging social issues and build community resilience. The foundation’s primary focus areas are enhancements to global health, support for veterans and military families, youth and education programs, and to continue to support the charitable initiatives of Booz Allen employees. Additionally, the foundation will consider opportunities to assist in the recovery from declared disasters.
“We wanted to find a way to galvanize an even broader set of problem-solvers around Booz Allen’s purpose to empower people to change the world,” said President and Chief Executive Officer
The foundation, which operates separately from the firm, received its initial funding pledge and
The firm and its employees live the value of passionate service well beyond the traditional work day—jumping in to empower communities and find new, sustainable solutions. For example:
- The firm supports a variety of organizations assisting veterans and military families, including supporting training in cyber and STEM careers, and providing data analytics and other tech solutions in support of operations. Our partners include USO of Metropolitan
Washington-Baltimore, Hiring our Heroes, Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Blue Star Families and the Elizabeth Dole Foundation. Veterans comprise more than a third of Booz Allen’s 24,750 employees.
- Since 2004, Booz Allen has supported For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST®) and its mission to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders today and in the future, along with the USA Science and Engineering Festival. The firm’s work to close the STEM gender gap and build the strongest, most diverse pipeline of future STEM talent also includes a STEM Girls 4 Social Good partnership with
Girls Inc.of the Washington, DCMetropolitan Area.
- Booz Allen and Kaggle have partnered to convene the world’s premier data science for social good competition, the Data Science Bowl, now in its fourth year. The Data Science Bowl has brought together people with varied educational and occupational backgrounds (economists, data scientists, day traders, psychologists, clinicians) to develop solutions for advancement of treatments for lung cancer and heart disease, and to improve ocean health.
- And importantly, the Booz Allen community has a history of stepping up – independently, and as a firm – at critical moments when needs arise. In the past year, the firm issued 379 volunteer service grants to 306 nonprofit groups for which employees volunteered more than 40 hours. Employees recorded more than 65,000 total hours of service in the year and donated generously to the
American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fundas well as providing support recently in Orlando, Houston, and Tampaduring times of disaster. More broadly, the firm has taken a leadership role on eliminating the stigma around mental health and building more appreciation and awareness of emotional fitness in the corporate world as a partner to Give an Hour.
In its focus on community resiliency, the
With international headquarters in
Booz Allen Hamilton
Curt Riggle, 703-377-5332
James Fisher, 703-377-7595